Aboriginal and/or disadvantaged students initiative
This government funded program provides eligible Indigenous and/or disadvantaged learner drivers with 10 free driving lessons. Our Drivers Licensing Access Program can help you accrue the hours, experience, knowledge and confidence to sit and pass your licence tests.
To be eligible you must be either Indigenous or Disadvantaged.
- Students who are from a single parent family – this is decided on case by case.
- Students who are from a single parent family with siblings.
- Students who are a single parent.
- Students who have a parent with a serious illness.
- Students who have a serious illness.
What's preventing you from getting your license?
- Insufficient proof of identity documents.
- Financial costs of licence fees and tests.
- No access to a roadworthy vehicle or qualified driver for practice hours accrual and driving instruction.
- Language or literacy barriers, need help filling in forms and logbook, understanding Road Users Handbook.
- Need help with using computers for sitting online licence and safety tests.
- Low confidence or unable to access services in a culturally relevant environment.
- Fine default licensing sanctions due to inability to pay fines and/or state debt, unauthorised driving charges, work and development orders or other.
Bara Barang Pre-Learners Course
If there are things preventing you from getting a licence, we can work with you to help you get everything in order and address barriers to you obtaining a learner’s permit, including helping you deal with all the different agencies (Births Deaths and Marriages, Centrelink, State Debt Recovery Legal Services and Courts).
Bara Barang Get Licensed, Get Legal, Gert Work Program
Bara Barang Learner & P Plate Driver Program
Learner & P Plate Driver Program Incentive
For every 1 hour structured driving lesson you complete with a licensed Driving Instructor, you can record 3 hours driving experience in your Log Book. A maximum of 10 hours of lessons will be accepted and recorded as 30 hours driving experience.
Sessions will take between 2-3 hours depending on the number of participants. For more info or to join our Drivers Licensing Access Program contact Bara Barang on
(02) 4312 5133 or email@example.com